Why invest in Ireland…
Ireland brings so many advantages to companies. We are a pro-enterprise culture with a highly qualified and well-educated population, an unrivalled supports infrastructure and record of success. We are a committed member of the European Union.
Our Track Record
Ireland is home to nearly 1400 overseas Company Operations and continues to attract sectors such as ICT, Life Sciences, Internet, Business Services and Food companies.
Many of the world’s largest and most successful companies across a range of industry sectors already have considerable operations in Ireland, with one third of MNC’s having operations in the country for over 20 years. Our proven track record illustrates the longevity, resilience and commitment of MNC’s to Ireland with Forbes magazine ranking Ireland as one of the best countries in the world for doing business.
Ireland has been chosen by:
- 10 of the top 10 Pharma companies
- 7 of the top 10 global Software companies.
- 14 of the top 15 medical tech companies.
- 19 of the top 25 financial services companies.
- 3 of the top 4 bestselling global infant formula companies are located in Ireland, with Ireland supplying 10% of the worlds infant milk formula.
- 1st in the world for inward investment by quality and value
- 1st in the world for inward investment jobs per capita
- 1st in the world for attracting high value FDI projects
- 1st in the world for flexibility and adaptability
Ireland’s long-standing farming tradition, with our island location on the edge of the Atlantic Ocean, provides the ideal climate and conditions for high quality, sustainable farming and food production. Ireland’s rich soils produce lush, green grass which our cattle and sheep have the freedom to graze outdoors for up to 300 days a year. 80% of Ireland’s agricultural land is devoted to grasslands.
Origin Green is the only sustainability programme in the word that operates on a national scale. It enables farmers to achieve sustainability targets, reducing environmental impact and protecting our rich natural resources.
Only the Bord Bia Quality Mark means that food has been produced to the highest Bord Bia quality standards and you know where it comes from. This is because it is independently checked at every stage. When buying food with the Quality Mark, you can rest assured that it will look after you and your family.
Ireland has the most carbon efficient dairy production in the European Union.
Ireland stands out with the youngest population in the EU – One 3rd of the population is under 25 Years of age. We have a workforce that is capable, highly adaptable, educated and committed to achievement.
- Ireland has one of the most educated workforces in the world, its education system is amongst the best in the world, ranking in the global top 10 for the quality of its education system.
- 53.5% of 30-34-year olds have a third level qualification, compared to an EU average of 40%.
- Almost 30% of students enrolled in Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths (STEM) courses.
- Ireland is in the top 10 countries in the world for the availability of skilled labour.
Ireland has built an innovation-driven culture and is now firmly on the global map in terms of excellence of our research. We are now among the leaders in generating and using new knowledge for economic and social progress. Exceptional levels of Collaboration between Industry, Academia, State Agencies and Regulatory Authorities has driven our dynamic R&D Sector. Through the Innovation 2020 strategy on R&D, Irelands vision to is to be a Global Innovation Leader driving a strong sustainable economy and a better society.
Ireland is now 11th in the Global ranking for scientific research, ranking highly in specific fields such as:
- 1st for
- 1st for Animal and Dairy
- 2nd for Nanotechnology
- 2nd for Agricultural Sciences
- 4th for Molecular Biology & Genetics
The Irish tax regime is open, stable and transparent and complies fully with OECD guidelines and EU Law.
- Irelands Corporate tax rate is 12.5%
- Ireland is 1st in the EU for the ease with which a business can pay its taxes
- 6.25 % preferential tax rate on income arising from intellectual property with the new Knowledge Development Box (KDB)
- 25% Research and Development tax credit is available for all qualifying expenditure
- Extensive Tax Treaties